A steering committee plans a variety of one-day outings to places of interest in the Tampa Bay area and beyond. Traveling is done by car-pooling or luxury coach. Sample trips have included: Renaissance Vinoy Resort, Bellevue Biltmore Hotel, St. John’s River Cruise, historic Mt. Dora, Florida Strawberry Festival, Cypress Gardens, Show Palace Dinner Theater in Hudson, Sarasota sites, etc. Suggestions welcomed. Fellowship abounds. For information contact Faye Belskey in the Church Office: 727.585.9969.
FEATURED EVENT – PoPTARTS Visit Pinellas Chocolate Company
Friday, May 19, 2017 | $5 per person | 10:15am meet at PoP
We’ll first meet at Prince of Peace, then we’ll head over to the Pinellas Chocolate Company (10550 72nd Street N, #504 in Largo). The tour will show how chocolate goes from bean to bar! All the chocolate is made in the Largo kitchen with high quality cocoa beans and a proprietary system. We’ll get to view the complete process: from roasting to refining and from tempering to molding!
The cost includes free chocolate (you may purchase more, if you wish)! Afterwards we’ll go to the nearby Applebee’s at Bardmoor Promenade for lunch. Sign up by May 17th!
Here’s a Snapshot of Past PoPTART Events!
- PoPTARTS: Festival of Trees - Thursday, November 17th | 11am Let’s get into the Christmas mood! Many different Christmas themes will be on display at this fundraising event for PARC. We’ll meet at PoP at 11am to carpool the restaurant Rumba’s in Clearwater, followed by a visit to the Long Center.
- PoPTARTS Dinner at the Theatre - Saturday, October 22nd at 4pm Join the PoPTARTS for dinner at the theatre! We’ll meet at the church at 3:15pm and will carpool to Ed Fletcher’s Early Bird Dinner Theatre for the play “A Little Murder Never Hurt Anybody.” It’s a comedy that will bring out the Sam Spade in all of us! The menu includes […]
- The PoPTARTS Visits Channel 10! - Join us for a tour of WTSP! 10:30am September 30th The PoPTARTS are at it again! We’re going for a tour of Channel 10! We’ll meet at the church at 10:30am on Friday, September 30th for a guided tour of the WTSP Channel 10 TV station, beginning at 11:15am. We may even be able to […]
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum” - Go On a Field Trip with the PoPTARTS – May 27th 6:15pm, Pizza at PoP | 8pm Musical at Largo Cultural Center First, we’ll enjoy a pizza dinner and fellowship in Morack Hall at 6:15pm. Salad and dessert will complete your meal – be sure to bring $5.00 for dinner! After dinner, we’ll catch the […]
- PoPTARTS Visit the Dunedin Fine Arts Center - Friday, April 15th at 10:00am | Meet at PoP for carpooling Join the PoPTARTS to visit the Dunedin Fine Art Center! The annual student/member/faculty show features various works of art including acrylic, watercolor, oil, colored pencil, jewelry, pottery, sculptures and more! There is no museum admission fee. Afterwards, we’ll eat lunch at Sea Sea Riders in Dunedin. […]
- Jesus Christ Superstar: PoPTARTS at the Theatre - Have you secured your tickets? Friday, March 18th | Starts at 6pm! Join us for the production of “Jesus Christ Superstar” at the Largo Cultural Arts Center! We’ll first meet at 6pm for a roast beef dinner at PoP in Morack Hall, then we’ll take a trip to see the 8pm musical! Sign up via […]
- PoPTARTS View Tom James’ Art Collection - Thursday, February 18th | 10:00am Meet at PoP for Carpooling For our next adventure, we are going to view Tom James’ vast collection of Western and American Indian Art! Meet us at PoP for carpooling, then we’ll venture over to Carillon Park in St. Petersburg for more. Lunch will be at the Courtside after the tour. […]
- PoPTARTS Make “History” - The PoPTARTS will venture to the Tampa Bay History Center, located next to Amalie Arena where the Tampa Bay Lightning plays. We’ll explore Tampa’s roots, tour the facility and view wonderful displays! Admission for seniors is $12. We’ll break bread for lunch at the Columbian Deli, located right there in the History Center. Interested? Sign […]
- A Special PoPTARTS Tour! - Thursday, November 19th | 10:00am Meet at PoP Our next big adventure is not far away! This month, we’re visiting the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches for a special tour of their facilities! We will learn about how youth are helped when they are in need. Following the tour, we’ll eat at Rodie’s Restaurant on McMullen […]
- PoPTARTS’ Artsy October Adventure! - Meet up with the PoPTARTS at the church, and we’ll travel to St. Petersburg’s Central Avenue Arts District. First, we’ll tour Creative Clay at 11:00am. Then, we’ll have lunch on our own at the new Hofbräuhaus in St. Pete! At 2:00pm, we will see a glass blowing demonstration at the Morean Glass Studio and Hot […]
- PoPTARTS at the Winery - September 18th | 10:00am Our first fall adventure will be at Pasadena Winery. Meet us at PoP, then we’ll drive to the Winery for a 45-minute tour and head to lunch at Leverock’s afterward. The Winery Tour is $5.00; lunch is on our own. Contact Faye Belskey in the Church Office (727.585.9969), or you can […]
- POPTARTS Adventure to “Casey’s Cookies” - The POPTARTS adventure for Friday November 14th will leave our church at 10:00 AM for a tour of “Casey’s Cookies” at 10:30 followed by lunch at BJ’s Steakhouse on Park Blvd in the Pinellas Park Mall. “Casey’s Cookies” seeks to develop a residential self-sustaining community for developmentally & physically disabled young adults. Our Endowment Board provided […]